1. Each of you will choose a topic to research.
2. Go to the library and find recent (within the last 10-15 years) articles, books, or essays on the topic you have chosen to research.
3. Summarize the main points in the article. The summary should be in your own words, not lifted from the page of your article or essay. Be sure to keep copies of ALL the articles you use for this project.
5. Choose 5 essays/articles that you plan to use in your research paper. What does the author of the article or essay say about your topic? How does this help your argument?
6. Each citation should be approximately one page in length. Use the MLA Style of documentation.
Required: - You will be writing 5 Separate summaries--one for each source you use. - You should have a minimum of 5 sources. Each summary should be approximately 1 page in length. Some might be only a half a page while others might be a page and a half in length. - The Annotated Bib. consists of three parts: a. The source cited at the top of the page using the MLA style of documentation. b. The summary c. The last paragraph of the summary should be your comments describing how this source will help your argument.
Kingwood College Homepage | ENGL 1301 Home E-mail me!